2:30am: I tried to sleep but the eye wall is right upon UH and it's getting pretty noisy outside. Earlier I was just hearing the wind gusts from inside the dorms but now a constant roar is coming from outside of the building.
The area power companies are reporting outages affecting as much as 800,000 homes, but UH seems pretty stable. No more than an occasional flicker here and there. I'm impressed that I still have cable tv and internet access.
The windows are so splattered with horizontal sheets of rain that I can scarcely see the limbs falling outside.
I was expecting something like heavy thunderstorms on a grand scale, but so far all I've seen and heard includes only massive amounts of wind and rain. The sky lights up every once in awhile, but the wind is so loud that the thunder doesn't stand a chance. No tornadoes yet.
Latest unnerving fact: 6 feet of water in the Galveston county court house.
That, and my little tree in the courtyard looks pretty weary...
Videos to come if I'm brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment